Reservation Success Stories :  Reservation Discussion Forum The fastest message board... ever.
Successfully make a reservation? Let us know the details! 
Successful reservation after wait list
Posted by: Joe K ()
Date: May 07, 2010 03:05PM

I tried to get a reservation 8 weeks before going to Napa. It was my wife's 40th birthday, so I was hopeful. I made sure they knew when they wait listed me that it was a special occasion, and then called every 2-3 weeks to see if anything had changed (really just to make them realize how interested I was). A week before we left for Napa, we received a call from FL that they received a cancellation, and had a prime time dinner slot for us.

I found late morning before lunch was a good time to call reservations.

Joe

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Successful reservation after wait list
Posted by: Gillian Hadfield ()
Date: May 31, 2011 08:29PM

I am three for three using the waitlist to get weekday dinner reservations. I call a few weeks before I want to go and I tell them my preferred date, and that I"m willing to go any day that week. Each time I've received a call about 5 days ahead with my preferred day. I think calling close to when you want to go--and being flexible as to day--tells them the most important thing they want to know when they have a cancellation: will you say yes as soon as they call to offer the spot.

Gillian

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This forum powered by Phorum.