Reservation Success Stories :  Reservation Discussion Forum The fastest message board... ever.
Successfully make a reservation? Let us know the details! 
3 Reservations in 3 days!
Posted by: mccracker ()
Date: November 28, 2011 11:17AM

Two days ago I made a Thursday dinner reservation for 4 people at 5:30 by going to OpenTable.com one night around 11pm. I was just experimenting with the site in preparation for my real reservation day and I did not expect any openings to show up. But amazingly enough, there it was, just sitting there! So I grabbed it because it was two days before the day I wanted and I thought I could use it as a back up.

The next day I checked in with OpenTable.com again around 2pm PST and by chance there was an 11am open reservation for 4 for lunch, the day after my dinner reservation. This was to be my second backup.

I stayed up until midnight PST last night to try and get a Saturday dinner reservation for the day I originally wanted on OpenTable.com, but got nowhere.Then this morning I manned two phones--my cell phone and my land line--and started calling at 9:58 PST. At 10:15 after about 40 calls reaching a busy signal on each phone, I got through to the message recording! Yea! After about 7 minutes on hold the line started ringing. After about 2 or 3 minutes of ringing I got a live person and got the exact date and time I wanted. Totally amazing! It can be done, people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 3 Reservations in 3 days!
Posted by: ilana ()
Date: December 02, 2011 10:06AM

Is there any chance you want to give someone the thursday reservation?? is it on Dec 22? by any chance?

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This forum powered by Phorum.